What do I do if my child tests positive for COVID?
1) Contact your child’s school nurse or school office right away.
2) According to the CDC, students who test positive for COVID have to isolate for 5 days at home.
3) Students are eligible to return back to school on day 6 as long as their symptoms are subsiding. When returning back to school students must wear a well-fitted mask through day 10.
4) If your child’s symptoms are severe, contact your child’s physician and/or the health department.
5) Like any other illness, reach out directly to your child’s teacher or school for missed work.
6) If your child is out for more than 5 days due to COVID or any other illness your child is eligible for tutoring. Reach out to your child’s school office for more information.