Dear New Lebanon Families,
We received a report by two female high school students that they were approached yesterday afternoon (3/18) following choir rehearsal by a young, clean shaven, white male while parked in their car in the student lot. The man was said to be in a silver sedan. He pulled up next to the girls’ vehicle and smiled, raised his eyebrows and winked at them. He then followed them to Berkshire Bank and reportedly pulled in behind them. The State Police and Sheriff’s Office have been contacted and are actively involved in the matter.
Out of concern for our students we ask that you please remind your child to DIAL 911 in the event of an emergency. Additionally, it is safe practice to:
- NEVER WALK ALONE – Walk with an older student or with a group of students.
- DO NOT TALK TO STRANGERS – If approached by a stranger RUN immediately to the nearest trusted adult.
- WALK AGAINST TRAFFIC SO YOU CANNOT BE FOLLOWED – It takes time for a driver to turn around and will give you a head start.
- NEVER get into a vehicle of someone you don’t know
- TELL SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY – If you have had something happen to you, or if you have information regarding an incident, tell any teacher or school official and talk to your parents immediately.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Klafehn.