All parents/guardians have the right to request Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR) quality ratings and composite effectiveness scores for their child’s current year’s teacher(s) and principal(s).
Upon official written request, parents/guardians will be notified by mail of their child’s teacher’s or principal’s evaluation score. Responses will be mailed out within 15 school days of receipt of the written request.
To obtain scores, parents/guardians must first submit an official request form. Please be aware of the following instructions for the request form:
- The form must be completed, in its entirety. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Once complete, please return the form to the Superintendent’s office at the mailing address provided on the form.
- The teacher(s) and/or principal for whom scores are requested must be the teacher(s)/principal of record for your child in the 2013-2014 school year.
- Teachers and/or principals will be notified when parents request their scores.
- The law requires districts to “verify that any such request is a bona fide request by a parent or guardian entitled to review and receive such data.”
- An appeal of the APPR by the teacher/principal will delay providing this information until such time as the appeal is concluded.